2010-04-07

Product Review - Imagine's Creamy Butternut Squash Soup

      (FYI -They've recently changed the packaging - so it looks slightly different than this pic)

Today marked yet another wondrous day at the dentist. Although my dentist does actually care when I'm in pain, sometimes it seems like dentists in general forget that your mouth is actually attached to your face. That being said, I'm back to sucking down soups; and as much as I love making my own homemade soups, after 2 hours in the dentist's chair, I'm just too tired to move. So this morning - before my fateful appointment - I stopped by my local market for some of my favorite pre-packaged soup: Imagine's Creamy Butternut Squash Soup. As the name suggests, it's creamy and also, it's oh so delicious. I first tried this soup about 10 years ago, and it's still as good  now as it was then. Although I occasionally spice it up by adding curry or cinnamon, it's one of the few soups that I find perfectly balanced in flavors - so I also like plain, right out of the container.


What I like about it:


First, it's organic, which is always a plus. Second, it only has a handful of ingredients; and better, I recognize and can pronounce them all. There are no weird additives or unidentified who-knows-what lurking in my bowl. There's also only 2 grams of fat and 90 calories per serving. So, if I'm really famished or have to go a whole day without chewing, I can unabashedly knock back the entire 4-serving container, and this would only set me back 360 calories and 8 grams of fat. Not bad for an unassuming (big) bowl of soup.

So, if your looking to try something new - and need a bit of a break from the kitchen - I'd absolutely, 100% recommend you get yourself some of Imagine's Butternut Squash Soup.

Peace and Greens, from the Diary of a Smart Black Woman


******
Like what you see on this blog? Let me know you're out there and reading. Click on the "follow" link on the left side of the page!

No comments:

Post a Comment