2010-03-14

Banana, Apple, & Greens - Smoothie Recipe

I had some teeth pulled last week, so I've been taking it easy and loving up lots of soups and smoothies lately. This one, my husband came up with. It's super simple and pleasingly sweet. He made two versions - Yesterday's was made with soy milk; today's was made with water in place of the soy. As you can imagine, one was much creamier than the other, but they were both equally delicious in their own little ways.


 Banana, Apple, & Greens - Smoothie

1 banana
1 apple
1 cup baby spinach, packed
2 cups plain soy milk (or nut milk if you wanna make this a "Raw Food" smoothie)
4 pieces of ice
an open mind & love (yes, my hubster did write these 2 ingredients down : )


Blend and Enjoy!
- Serves 2



Coming this week on the Diary of a Smart Black Woman:
  • Juices vs. Smoothies - and what's the nutritional difference?
  • Brussel Sprouts - a recipe you'll actually like!
  • Guavas and Greens - a juice recipe
  • Sweet Pea Soup - a surprisingly delicious Raw Food recipe

2 comments:

  1. I'm trying this recipe sometime this week. We just need to buy a blender first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know how it turns out.By the way, Engin peeled the apple in the one he made with soy milk. I don't think this is necessary though. Plus, you get the extra fiber from the apple skin.

    ReplyDelete